Policies & Procedures
Payments must be made online before 2 P.M. Eastern Time on the day prior to your arrival unless other arrangements are made.
If you do not pay for your room or contact us with other arrangements your reservation may be cancelled.
Cancellations will be notified by email to the address associated with the reservation.
Please cancel prior to 2 P.M. Eastern Time two (2) days before your Check-in date to make sure you do not incur a cancellation charge. If you cancel after 2 P.M. Eastern Time, two days prior to your stay you may be charged a fee equal to 1 (one) night room rate. We always try to save you that charge by renting your room to another person.
Terms, Conditions & House Rules
These Booking Terms apply to all Bookings except where We agree in writing to other terms. By making a booking you are deemed to accept these Booking Terms.
1. Adherence to Terms: The owners have a right to terminate a booking without refund if guests do not adhere to our terms, conditions, policies and house rules, or behave in any way that is abusive, dangerous and generally unacceptable to any other guest or staff member.
2. Booking: Bookings are made and a contract between You and Us comes into effect when We accept a reservation from You.
3. Pets: We are happy to welcome well behaved pets with prior notification as pet friendly rooms are limited. There is a $25 cleaning fee per visit. Please remember we have other guests at the Cardinal Inn and owners need to clean up after their pets.
4. Noise: Guests are expected to be considerate of others by keeping noise to a minimum generally and especially at night. Televisions and music must be at acceptably lower levels after 10 P.M. Guests entering and leaving the property late night and early morning and using the common areas should do so with respect to other guests.
5. Children: Are welcome at The Cardinal Inn but must be under supervision at all times by parents or adult care-takers with particular emphasis on safety of themselves and others and respect for other guests privacy and belongings.
6. Smoking: We remind guests that smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the building. Containers with sand are located outside the front of each room to accommodate guests that wish to smoke. Guests must ensure that cigarettes/cigars are extinguished properly. Evidence of smoking in your room will incur a cleaning fee of $200.00.
7. Safety and Security: Please note we do not take any responsibility for the security of your vehicle (s) or valuables. Please take all reasonable steps to secure your valuables. Please ensure that the front door of your room is closed behind you properly when leaving the property.
8. Arrival and Departure: Check in time is after 3 P.M., check out is 11 A.M., unless prior arrangements are made. Our guests are important, and we will always try to accommodate special needs, feel free to contact us if we can assist you with your arrival or departure. Since we are family owned and operated, our office closes at 10 P.M. but we offer contactless check-in for late arrivals.
9. Linens and Towels: In an effort to safeguard our planet we are trying to be environmentally responsible, we ask you to leave any linens or towels in the chair outside your door, in the rocker, and they will be replaced by our staff.
10. Availability: In the rare case that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot deliver your requested accommodation, you will be offered alternate accommodation if possible or a full refund of any monies paid by you. This is the limit of our liability.
11. Prices: Rates are per room per night. If you have selected additional items they will be added to the total price of the Booking. Rates quoted are for the specific number of guests, nights and dates shown. Should You change the number of guests, dates or nights, then the rates may be subject to change.
13. Theft: We will gladly sell you anything you want from your room but if you accidentally pack something you can be charged until the item is returned.
14. Damages: You are responsible and liable for any breakage or damages which you or any member of your party cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/ debit card, or we may send you an invoice, for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant. We may make an additional charge if you did not report this.
15. Liability: Your use of facilities and amenities (including, but not limited to, BBQ grills, tables/chairs, fire pit, etc.) on our property, other than for death or personal injury caused only by Our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to.